Top-Selling Food Products For Hispanic Consumers
Hispanic buying power is concentrated in markets such as Texas, New Mexico, Florida, Nevada, New York, and New Jersey. Even though the market spans over vast geographical regions, it has maintained certain common consumer preferences. These preferences have been noted in various industries, including the burgeoning food industry.
This data has enabled food companies to secure customers based exactly on their requirements. Market trends show that their interest in food products is skewed towards new items in the market.
Here are some more statistics about Hispanics in the food market.
Hispanic Buyers Adopting Be New Choices
- About 26 percent of Hispanics who are also English speakers have shown a liking to new foods
- About 29 percent of bilingual Hispanics have shown interest in trying new foods
- Only 25 percent of true Spanish speakers have wanted to try new products in the market
- Approximately 19 percent English-speaking Hispanics have tried new drinks in the market
- Nearly 20 percent Spanish- and English-speaking Hispanics have shown interest in new beverages
- Only about 13 percent of native Spanish speakers have bought new beverages in the market
Top Food Choices
The New Product Pacesetters report released in 2017 identified some of the top-selling foods and beverages in Hispanic markets. Here’s a list of 10 food products that were very popular:
- Halo Top
- Hillshire Snacking
- Chobani Drinks
- GOOD thins
- Oscar Mayer Natural
- Dunkin’ Donuts Iced Coffee
- Cracker Barrel Macaroni & Cheese
- Birds Eye Steamfresh Veggie Made
- SMARTMADE by Smart Ones
- POWERADE X ION4
This list combines a mix of indulgent and healthy foods, which shows a promising start to a greener living. However, health-conscious eating considerations don’t just end here. Varieties of Hispanic buyers have different eating habits that collectively show an interest in healthier living.
Here are some top-rated healthy habits found in Hispanic buyer groups:
Avoid Processed Food
58 percent of English-speaking Hispanics consciously avoid healthy foods and a close 54-percent of bilingual Hispanics are close at their heels. Meanwhile, only 31 percent of native Hispanic speakers were keen to adopt this lifestyle.
Mix of Healthy and Indulgent Foods
A considerable 44 percent of Hispanic English speakers have shown a liking for a mix of foods including healthy and indulgent varieties. Compared to this, only 36 percent of bilingual and same number of native speakers had a tasted for mixed food options.
In this category, bilingual Hispanics took the lead by 41 percent. Compared to that, only 30 percent of English-speaking Hispanic groups opted for natural food options. Meanwhile 24 percent of native Hispanics and non-Hispanics gravitated towards natural foods.
If you’re a food company and want to secure a strong place in the Hispanic market, our Hispanic marketing consultancy can help. We’re experts in advertising for Hispanic buyers and can help you gain a sizeable market share! Approach us right here.
Comments are closed